I made two types of butternut squash for dinner – one sweet, and one savory. I assumed most would favor the sweet cinnamony version, but this one was favored unanimously.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 tbs butter or olive oil
- A few sprigs fresh rosemary, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin (adjust quantity up or down depending on size of squash/personal taste)
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds (adjust quantity up or down depending on size of squash/personal taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss all ingredients together, spread on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper to make cleanup easier). Roast, turning few times to cook evenly, until squash is soft and browned.