These were one of those happy accidents… I cooked my quinoa in too much water, no good for the salad I had planned, but I thought the texture might work well for patties. I’ve remade these a few times since â€“ cheesy, spinachy, satisfying and delicious.
This recipe makes 16-18 medium-large patties. These would make a cute appetizer in medallion size as well.
- 1.5 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups grated cheese of your choice
- 1.5 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen spinach leaves, thawed, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt, pepper to taste
- Optional: 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Canola oil for frying
- Cook quinoa in 3 cups water about 20 minutes, until water is absorbed
- Let quinoa cool slightly and mix in remaining ingredients
- Form into patties, and fry in a pan or skillet until patties are browned on both sides