I was in the mood to stuff portobellos, and I was in the mood for goat cheese, and I always love spinach…. this is the result. They came out delicious. The flavors and textures are sublime… This recipe’s a keeper for me.
- 8-10 medium-large portobello mushrooms (if your mushrooms are huge, there may only be enough filling for 8)
- 1 medium-large onion, diced
- 1 C walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small bunch french spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (or about 3/4 cup frozen, thawed, chopped)
- 1/2 C soft goat’s cheese (chÃ¨vre)
- 3/4 C grated parmesan
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°Â Fahrenheit
- Rinse mushrooms and remove stems
- Chop the mushroom stems
- Lightly coat a frying pan or skillet with olive oil, and sautÃ© onion until soft
- Add mushrooms, and sautÃ© until they have released their juices and are beginning to brown
- Add walnuts, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste and sautÃ© until walnuts begin to brown (just a minute or 2)
- Add spinach, and sautÃ© until spinach has wilted
- Remove from heat, and mix in goat’s cheese and 1/2 C parmesan
- Stuff the mushrooms with the filling, top each mushroom with a pinch of the remaining parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil, and dusting of paprika.
- Bake until the mushrooms are soft and the filling is bubbly
- Bon AppÃ©tit!