This stir fry is delicious, nutritious, and takes just minutes to make. This recipe has just six ingredients (ok, plus water and oil), and is way more than the sum of its parts. The peanut-miso sauce is yummy, umami goodness, and mixed with the tofu and broccoli (and grain of your choice, should you Â wish), makes for a hearty, quick, balanced, vegan meal.
- 1/4 C, plus 1 Tbs natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 C miso (of your choice)
- 2 Tbs rice or cider vinegar
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into strips
- 2 large heads broccoli, cut into florets (peel and slice the stems and toss them in too)
- Oil for frying (I used sesame, but canola would also be fine)
- To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, miso, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Mix with a fork, and thin with water until the sauce is a thick, but pourable consistency.
- Heat frying pan or wok and add oil
- Add tofu, and cook until crispy
- Add sauce and toss tofu in it for a few seconds – if the sauce looks like it’s starting to burn, add a little water
- Add broccoli
- Cook until broccoli is bright green, adding water to prevent sticking, as needed
This dish is delicious and satisfying as is, but may be served over rice, pasta, or your grain of choice.