This has entered the regular rotation in our home. It’s fresh, filling, and nutritious. Even the kids like it around here. This salad is great served fresh, and in some ways even better after marinating overnight in the fridge – the colors fade, but the flavors get bolder. It makes a great pot luck dish, side dish, or summer dinner.
1.5 lbs new/baby potatoes (peels on)
1.5 lbs fresh or frozen green beans
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs white wine vinegar
1 tbs plus 1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbs plus 1 tsp mayonnaise (optional)
1 large (or 2 small) cloves garlic, minced
handful fresh dill, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1) Cover potatoes with water and boil until soft. Remove from water, and halve lengthwise, leaving peels on.
2) Boil or steam green beans until they turn bright green.
3) Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl to make dressing.
4) Toss dressing with potatoes and green beans (you may not need all the dressing, depending on your personal preference).
5) Serve immediately, or allow to marinate in fridge. Enjoy!