I don’t really like fruit. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, and I have to force myself to eat them sometimes. This fruit salad, however, I actually find myself craving as soon as winter rolls around. I am lucky enough to live in a part of the world where these ingredients are bountiful. I hope you will be able to get your hands on them as well…
The best persimmons for this salad are the firm ones with the squarish shape, which I believe are sold as fugu persimmons in the US. There is some good persimmon information available here.
- 1 large pomelo
- 1 small or 1/2 large pomegranate
- 1 large, firm, ripe fuyu persimmon
- 1 large, firm, ripe pear
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- About 1 tsp ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Peel pomelo, remove flesh from skin, and break into bite-sized pieces
- Cut pomegranate in half, and gently remove seeds, being careful not to smash them, and not to stain your clothes…
- Cut persimmon into smallish bite-sized pieces
- Cut pear into smallish bite-sized pieces
- Remove mint leaves from stems and chop
- Toss all ingredients gently in a bowl, dust with cinnamon, mix again gently, enjoy!