I’ve been thinking about doing something like this for a while, so, here goes…
Oh, but first, a disclaimer, and a note:
Sharing recipes is a new thing for me. I will do my best to explain the steps clearly, and to estimate quantities accurately, but please bear with me at the beginning of this venture.
Please feel free to use and share the recipes on this blog, but don’t publish them, or take credit for them.
Spiced Chick Pea Soup
This recipe was a very spontaneous invention. It is easy to put together, and is hearty, unusual, and delicious (oh, and nutritious).
3 cups dry chick peas (aka garbanzo beans), soaked overnight (or 3 cans, drained)
1 cup chopped onion
5 cloves garlic
2 tsp grated ginger
1 handful fresh cilantro
3 tsp cumin (powder)
1 1/2 tsp dry coriander (powder)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1) Cover soaked beans with about 1 inch of water, and cook until very tender.
2) Add remaining ingredients, except lemon juice and olive oil
3) Simmer 30 minutes
4) Remove from heat, transfer to blender or food processor, and puree
5) Add lemon juice, and adjust seasoning to taste
6) Drizzle with olive oil (optional) and serve